A Goodbye to Blogging... Sort of

Monday, July 22, 2019
person wearing a floral red tank top with a ponytail

Hey guys, remember when I said I'd be relaunching my blog...


Well, whoops. I intended to transition this blog into one focused on fashion and beauty, but as I wrote my first few planned posts, I found that my desire to talk about these topics via a video format wouldn't fade. I knew I wanted to create a Youtube channel even before I announced the relaunch of Quartzfeather, but I was reluctant to do so because I didn't have access to the "right equipment".

However, while writing that first fashion haul blog post, I was so dissatisfied with it, that I finally decided "eff it", I'll just make do with my crappy phone camera, and that blog post became my very first Youtube video. The quality of that video was certainly questionable, but I'm still learning, and I've gone on to make two other videos that out improvements in quality if I do say so myself.

I decided to keep the name Quartzfeather with me because after three years of blogging here,


I've grown rather attached to it. Luckily thanks to it's non-topic specific nature, it doesn't clash with my new subject matter. Haha, I fear it doesn't make too much sense though, as I absolutely hate feathers when it comes to fashion, and also don't really wear any quartz jewelry.

Now this isn't the end of Quartzfeather


(as in the blog one). I will definitely still post here from time to time, but it just won't be my main focus anymore. If you'd like to keep up with what I'll be up to in the future, please consider following my Youtube channel and my Instagram. I post a new video the first Tuesday of every month, and update my Instagram at least 2-3 times a week.

I didn't think this was a post I'd be ever be writing.


Quartzfeather and all of y'all have been with me through so much and I've made so many wonderful friends through this community, but this change has been in the making for a while now. Readers, thank you so much for all your support. I cannot possibly express how much it has meant and will continue to mean to me. I hope to see some of you over at my new internet home. Farewell, till next time... (this isn't the last you'll be seeing of me on this blog, promise).

Here's my newest video if you're up for checking it out ^_^!



Have you ever considered moving platforms? (Also to anyone who follows me to youtube, thank you so very much!)